Set up and operates CNC Coiling and Wire Forming machines to perform various machine functions, such as coiling springs of various types and forming wire by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Includes the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Reads and interprets blueprints, job routers, sketches, and related technical data to determine setup procedures, tooling, control settings, and manufacturing sequences.
- Prepares and forms tools needed for machine operations; Mounts, aligns, and secures tooling, attachments on machine.
- Verifies that setup meets acceptable quality standards or other specifications.
- Loads or develops appropriate program in machine controller; Completes set-up sheets for new parts.
- Starts machine and monitors machine operation; Periodically gauges or measures parts for conformance to specifications.
- Monitors operation of machine and verifies conformance of parts to specifications.
- Enters commands or manually adjusts machine controls to correct out-of-tolerance sequences.
- Instructs machine operator on production parameters required for the part being produced.
- Removes, replaces and labels containers of finished parts when specified number have been produced.
- Performs routine machine maintenance.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem-solving situations.
- Technical Skills –Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
- Interpersonal Skills – Remains open to others’ ideas and tries new things.
- Teamwork – Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Supports everyone’s efforts to succeed.
- Judgment – Displays willingness to make decisions; Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Includes appropriate people in the decision-making process.
- Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Monitors own work to ensure quality; Comprehends Quality Manual and applicable procedures.
- Quantity – Completes work in a timely manner; Strives to increase productivity.
- Safety – Observes safety procedures; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
- Adaptability – Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Attendance/Punctuality – Is consistently at work and on time.
- Dependability – Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions.
- Initiative – Takes independent actions and calculated risks; Asks for and offers help when needed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Mathematical Skills – Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure using whole numbers, fractions and decimals; Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as area, circumference, and volume.
- Blue Print Reading – Ability to read and interpret diagrams, dimensions and tolerances.
- Education and/or Experience – One year certificate from college or technical school; or two to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Communication Skills – Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedures manuals; Ability to write detailed machine set-up procedures.
- Reasoning Ability – Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of basic computer functions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand. The employee is occasionally required to sit and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision and depth perception.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee regularly works with moving mechanical machinery. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
[contact-form-7 id=”4″ title=”careers”]